IT’S NOT JUST A CAREER. IT’S A CALLING
We believe in creating an atmosphere for those who want to join their talents with their passion for growing First Church. We are looking for people who love Jesus, and love like Jesus every day.
Current Job Listings
JOB TITLE: Groups Minister
JOB TYPE: Full Time (Salary)
REPORTS TO: Executive Minister
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The Groups Minister is a strategic point leader who carries the primary responsibility to create a vision and implement strategies to connect people in groups for the purpose of discipleship.
1. Live committed to our mission of “LOVE JESUS. LOVE LIKE JESUS.”
2. Abide by the First Church Policies and Procedures Handbook.
3. Regularly attend Sunday services at a First Church campus.
4. Be committed to our community and culture.
5. Be in agreement with our doctrine, mission and values.
6. Be able to lead and thrive in a teambased environment
7. Be a contributor to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation and prayer.
1. Work with a recruited volunteer team to carry out the group ministry responsibilities, seeking ways to “give away ministry”.
2. Effectively seeks, recruits, and trains up group leaders.
3. Execute an effective process of connecting people in groups for the purpose of discipleship.
4. Evaluate all aspects of the groups ministry and makes necessary adjustments to insure the maximum impact.
5. Plan and execute events for the purpose of training leaders and connecting people in groups.
6. Produce weekly small group study guides that correlate with that week’s sermon.
7. Produce weekly correspondence with leaders for ongoing communication and training.
8. Manage the annual Groups Budget.
1. 5+ Years Experience in ministry with specific experience of developing leaders.
2. A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel.
3. Effective communication skills.
4. Can manage multiple priorities.
5. Teachable, responsive, respectful and can adapt to First Church.
WORK SCHEDULE: Ministry is not, and should not, be a “9 to 5 office position.” This position requires flexibility in schedule and a commitment to be available to staff during the day and available during the evening. Obviously boundaries are encouraged and required, for personal and family health. The staff of First Church is committed to team ministry that pursues excellence with an attitude of “whatever it takes to get the job done.” Therefore, additional time may be required outside of regular hours and normal schedules.
Stone Canyon Worship Leader
JOB TITLE: Stone Canyon Worship Leader
JOB TYPE: Part-Time Employee
REPORTS TO: Creative Arts Minister
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The Stone Canyon Worship Leader’s primary responsibility is to help create an environment for people to connect with God through worship.
This person has a passion for Jesus Christ, making disciples, and is enthusiastically focused on the mission of First Church. Must be a proven team player who possesses a positive attitude and can excel in a fast-paced, energetic and team environment.
- Assist in planning Worship Services for First Church Stone Canyon campus
- Lead and prepare Worship Team to lead worship at First Church Stone Canyon campus
- Lead Sunday AM worship at First Church Stone Canyon Campus
- Set-up and tear downstage set as necessary for Sunday Worship.
- Recruit and train volunteer teams to lead worship & to set-up and tear down band and stage equipment.
- Provide extra “seasonal” support and assistance during certain times of the year. (Easter, Christmas, etc.)
- Live committed to our mission of “Love Jesus, Love Like Jesus.”
- Abide by the First Church Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Contributes to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation and prayer.
- A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel.
- Committed to spiritual integrity.
- Effective communication skills.
- Committed to our community and culture.
- In agreement with our doctrine, mission and values.
- Must have a high level of musicianship and the ability to sing and lead from the platform.
- Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment
- Can manage multiple priorities.
- Teachable, responsive, respectful and can adapt to First Church.
Thank you for considering employment at First Church.