Who We Are
Love Jesus. Love Like Jesus
We are an Independent Christian Church.
We’re followers of Jesus, impacting lives by unleashing a revolution of God’s love on the 918 and beyond.
First Church has a long history of devotion to God and Jesus Christ, with an emphasis on Biblical teaching for all ages. The church is active in community outreach in the 918 area code and is committed to a strong domestic & global outreach as well.
From our humble beginnings over a hundred years ago in a schoolhouse, God has blessed our efforts to reach people with the story of Jesus Christ. We can’t wait to see what Christ does in the next 100 years through First Church. To be His Church is an invitation to become a part of a family and part of a greater story, His story.
First Church is designed around the truth of the Bible. The Bible stands as the supreme source of truth for daily living. God has spoken through the Bible and it reveals Jesus as the way, the truth and the life. The Bible is presented as living, active and able to transform lives in services, activities, events, classes, etc.,
WE TEACH & LIVE THE BIBLE
- The Bible is the unchanging inspired Word of God.
- The Bible is our source of inspiration and instruction for living the Christian life.
WE RAISE UP GODLY SERVANT LEADERS
- We will build ministries of people who serve.
- We will equip and empower others to serve and lead in their homes, church and the world.
WE ARE A KINGDOM MINDED CHURCH
- We “seek first His Kingdom.”
- We reach out to our community and the world with the good news of Christ.
WE ARE A GRACE FILLED CHURCH
- We will extend grace to others because we have received grace from God.
- We emphasize relationships, not rules.
WE BUILD LOVING FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS
- We will meet the needs of both our church family and the community as God leads.
- We are a family who cares for and loves one another.
Jesus Christ is the only Son of God, who died for our sins and arose from the dead.
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
- John 14:6
Those accepting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith, and be baptized into Christ.
- Romans 10:9
- Romans 6:1-7
- Acts 2:38
- Acts 3:19
Every person has worth as a creation of God, but all have sinned.
- Romans 3:23
- Isaiah 53:6
Jesus will one day return to earth and reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
The Church is the body of Christ, and exists to save the lost and help the saved grow in their faith.
- Ephesians 4:1-16
Forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to all who trust Christ as Savior and Lord.
- John 3:16
The Bible is the inspired word of God.
- 2 Timothy 3:16
- 2 Peter 1:20-21
Because the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, it is the sole source of authority for our lives. The preceding points are essential doctrines that we cannot deviate from. In all of our beliefs we practice love, believing that the Bible speaks for itself.
North Garnett Campus Minister
Stone Canyon Campus Minister