SR. HIGH MISSIONS TRIP
During Spring Break, First Church’s senior high students will be the hands and feet of Jesus by serving with Casas Por Cristo in Acuna, Mexico building 2-3 houses.
We will drive to El Rio, Texas on Sunday and stay overnight in a hotel. We will cross the border on Monday and begin working on the houses, staying at a local church in Acuna, Mexico while we are there. We will stay at a hotel in Abilene, Texas on Thursday and then arrive home on Friday.
James Summers –Student Minister
When: March 15-20, 2020
Students – $350 (+ money for 4 meals and spending money).
$100 non-refundable and non-transferable deposit due on January 26th
Sponsors – Contact James if you are interested in sponsoring.
*For scholarship assistance contact NextGen staff for application. Application must be submitted by February 2nd.
City: Acuna, Mexico
Missions Group: Casas por Cristo
Things to Know:
- Registration and deposit due by January 26th – $100.
- Final payment and forms are due February 9th at the mandatory meeting.
- Drop off luggage at the North Garnett campus ay 5:00 PM Saturday, March 14th.
- All students meet at the North Garnett campus by 7:30 AM Sunday, March 15th.
- We will return Friday at the North Garnett campus between 2:30-3:30 PM.
- An up to date passport (if you do not have a passport, please allow 6 weeks for this process)
- A copy of your birth certificate
- 2020 Student Medical Release
- Casas Disclosure of Risk Form
- There will be 2 optional, identical informational meetings. November 10th, and December 15th. They will be from 12:30-1:00 PM in room 101.
- There will be a mandatory meeting February 9th at 12:30 PM in room 101 (lunch will be provided). Make sure you have your final payment and required forms.
What To Bring:
- Money for 4 meals
- Spending money
- Copy of birth certificate
- Bible / pen
- Clothes to work / play in
- Sturdy shoes or boots
- Hat or bandana
- Tool belt
- Work gloves
- Protective eye wear
- Bedding (sleeping bag/ air mattress/cot/pillow)
- Water Bottle
- Work Gloves
- Insect repellent
- Tape Measure
- Wet wipes
- Knee pads
- Rubber Gloves
REGISTER FOR THIS TRIP