At First Church, we have plenty of awesome, Christ-filled programs and events to involve our students in Junior & Senior High.
It is our desire that students grow in wonder about the truths of God, discover who God is, and live with passion as we journey to live like Christ. Our student ministry is designed to partner with parents to help students to know & grow.
Wednesday Nights at our North Garnett Campus are filled with incredible experiences for junior and senior high students. Our midweek service consist of fun and engaging worship, teaching & games as we explore God’s truth. Join us each week during the school year as we journey together and learn to know, love, serve, and share Christ.
Junior High Impact
6 – 8th Grade
Worship / Sermon: 6:15 – 7:00 PM
Small Groups: 7:00 – 7:45 PM
Senior High Collide
9 – 12th Grade
Small Groups: 6:15 – 7:00 PM
Worship / Sermon: 7:15 – 8:00 PM
Classes are held every Sunday at each of our campuses for Junior & Senior High Students. This is our time to really dig deep into the Bible, where we make teaching relevant for students and discover the truths of God’s word so that we can live it out.
North Garnett Campus
Time: 9:45 AM
Stone Canyon Campus
Time: 9:00 AM
Time: 9:30 AM
What should my student expect? (Wednesdays)
- Come a few minutes early to our student center entrance on the west side of the building, where a host at the welcome center will be happy to greet you and get you connected.
- Throughout the evening your student will participate in an age appropriate worship service and a breakout time for fellowship and discussion in small groups.
- Many students choose to come early around 5:30pm for games, hanging out or to purchase items in the snack bar from a rotation of local fast food restaurants.
What kind of adult presence can I expect?
- Our large group teaching is primarily done through our student ministry team with occasional guest speakers.
- We have an adult leader who leads on average 5-7 students for our small group discussions.
- Safety is very important to us, so we have a security presence on site every Wednesday and all of our adult leaders have gone through our volunteer application process and background check.
What will my student be learning?
- On Sunday mornings we have classes where we dive deeper in biblical topics through teaching and discussion.
- On Wednesday Nights during the school year we have a variety of series and topics that are geared toward helping teenagers grow in their own faith with their peers in order to Know, Love, Serve and Share Jesus.
If you’re passionate about students and would like to help us disciple them, please click the serve button below.
We’d love to connect with you about joining the First Students Team!