COVID-19 Response & Update.
What to expect.
A commitment to Personal responsibility
- All staff, elders, and volunteers will be asked to make the following commitment of personal responsibility:
- First Church Cafè will no longer allow self-serve drinks or food at the cafè. All food and beverages will be served from trained volunteer staff wearing masks and gloves to reduce any contamination.
- All adult classrooms, gym and student worship center will be closed during the Sunday morning worship gatherings.
- We have contracted with a medical-grade bio-decontamination service provider to clean and sanitize all surfaces in our campus facilities.
- We will have hand sanitizing stations located throughout the building for everyone to use.
- Drinking fountains will be temporarily disabled and covered
- All items in pew backs will be temporarily removed.
- The church will limit the number of common touchpoints throughout the facility and worship services including the passing of offering and communion plates, bulletins, and child check-in computers.
- All bulletins will be provided in digital format on the First Church app.
- Volunteers will be available at the Hub to help attendees install and navigate the First Church app on their phones.
- An email will be sent to the congregation on Saturday mornings providing general information about church events and news.
- Offering will be received via digital and physical drop boxes near the exits of Worship Center.
- Offering trays or bags will no longer be passed.
- Communion will continue to be served every Sunday in the following manner:
- Communion will be prepared by volunteers in masks and gloves.
- Communion trays will no longer be passed during the service.
- Communion elements will be served at stations in two stacked cups containing the bread in the bottom cup and juice in the top cup.
- Communion stations will be manned by volunteers in masks and gloves.
- Volunteers will place communion cups to be picked up at communion stations.
- First Kids and First Years ministries will limit the amount of parents and family in the ministry environment.
- First Kids and First Years will have hand sanitizer in each classroom as well as sanitizer stations at ministry area entrances.
- First Kids and First Years will sanitize ministry environments before and after services.
- First Years will temporarily discontinue snack time.
- First Years will modify common play areas and substitute toys between services.
- First Years will provide individual craft supplies whenever possible.
- We are asking all worship attenders to refrain from physical contact with anyone other than immediate family members or those who arrived on campus in the same vehicle.
- We are asking all worship attenders to practice social distancing post-service in the gathering space, entryways, and other common areas.